• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 M925A2 dump bed hoist install

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks GREAT :)
I want to install a hoist onto my 923, I've been thinking about the tailgate, maybe making a frame for the rear of the sides don't flex out; also pivoting the top of the tailgate to swing open on the bottom for some spreading abilities. How high are your sides and the front that you've added?
Thanks, Paul
That's basically what I did on my deuce dump. I used a old set of troop seat standards and bolted a swinging tailgate (that I fabricated) to the standards. I thought I had a pic but can't seem to locate it. I've got it where I can swap back to the factory tailgate by just removing a couple of bolts.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's basically what I did on my deuce dump. I used a old set of troop seat standards and bolted a swinging tailgate (that I fabricated) to the standards. I thought I had a pic but can't seem to locate it. I've got it where I can swap back to the factory tailgate by just removing a couple of bolts.
Keep digging for those pics m16y, would love to see them!

I started moving some more dirt over the weekend, might have to get the frame/hoop of the tailgate, made sooner than later to help support the sides in the rear. IMG_4139.jpg3 scoops with the 977, about 7-8 yards. Getting my 13 year old used to maneuvering the truck before I chain the tailgate up and load more on the back.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_4424.jpgIMG_4435.jpg
Welded some square tube together to make some uprights to run a piece of 3/8 rod between to help support the bed sides until I can get my tailgate built..

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice project! Great pics and info.....................these trucks sure are amazing...................Nice work.....................thanks for the update

What size tubing you use. I had a mishap the other day and busted my hoop off the back. Made a huge mess. Busted a whole bunch of stake boards off. Been looking for options for something stronger. Ripped down 2x4s leave a little to be desired.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right, it’s 1-1/4x1-1/4 tube with 1/4x1 flat in between, fits nice in these bastard sized pockets. I bent them pretty good already getting in a hurry dumping the loader, need to find someone that can rip a couple of pieces of 1-1/4 plate.IMG_4434.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer. Maybe that would work better. Did you see the hoop I built. Had to run diagonal braces up to it. Firewood is hard on things.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bummer. Maybe that would work better. Did you see the hoop I built. Had to run diagonal braces up to it. Firewood is hard on things.

Nope. Would love to see some pics though!
Nothing I enjoy more than destructive testing than someone else tearing stuff up.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Biggest thing I found with my failed attempts, was that you need to get the top of your hoop high enough so that your load can’t hit it when dumping.

Artgtr

Looks good, very nice. The hoop you built is to keep the sides from spreading under load? Would like to see pics of your hoist mount under bed & rear hinge set up. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks