• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 NHC 250 starter needed

HETvet

I'm now an engineer for a fire department. One of out brush truck has a started that quit on us. I was hoping to see if we could get some instructions on how to rebuild it or some less expensive ideas to get this truck back up and running.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it the stater or just the solinoid attached to the starter? Ive have replaced several soliniods on the stater and it fixes the inop-ness. A good accessory shop can diagnose it.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the solenoid and all cable connections first. I had the same issue with the starter my M923, turns out it was totally fried so a rebuild was out of the question ($$$). I was able to get an ACDelco MT 50 installed w/warranty for under $350. I'm sure it would be cheaper if you did the labor etc etc but it is an exact fit and cranks a bit faster (nearly instant start).

Edit: Added a photo for reference and future use.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure it is the starter? Did you check voltage at the starter while trying to crank? What troubleshooting did you do to verify the starter is the problem?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are lots of Chinese clone 24v starters on epay quite reasonable with warranty. As you know, almost all parts in a traditional parts store are nowadays made overseas.

If I needed a starter, A brand new clone would be very tempting vs a rebuilt starter that has who knows what actually replaced? Some rebuilt are basically cleaned up with new brushes and whatever it takes to get them going again but not all internal components are changed. Quality inbetween a rebuilt and a factory reman can be hard to gauge from the outside but a new unit with all new components should be in theory more reliable.

search nhc250 24v starter

Ironman97459

I've got an OE rebuild for $489 that's completely rebuilt, all parts. Also have a gear reduction unit that is $390 that is brand new, combo of USA and Japanese parts. Gear reduction is whats going in mine when needed.