• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 No start.....puzzled!

jonsm114

worked her over today.....top off fluids, some air system work. Started and got to operating temp.....all good.....shut her off this afternoon...went to start it this eve and nothing...power relay clicks....nothing with starter switch.

Check batteries, grounds at brain box, all good. starter switch generates nothing, no click..silence.

Any suggestions?

Brain box fail?

Batteries voltage all check out.....fine.

going to trickle the batteries overnight and start in the morning.....

Help!

Jon

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check that the gear shift in in neutral , cycle the selector and make sure it's back in "N"

jonsm114

will do.....thanks......took parts off today, cleaned and lubricated, reassembled and topped off fluids......I was low in that regard.....worked like a champ...now......no start....wow.

Jon

dawico

Sounds like the same issue I am starting to have. If mine does that I cycle the battery switch a few times and try it again.

Mine does that every once in a while. I have a worn out connection somewhere but haven't started looking for it yet.

zxmedic

I am not familiar with this truck but if it's equipped with a electric fuel shut off on the pump make sure it has voltage ..

jonsm114

batteries good.....grounds good..trans in neutral ..opened box.......lower solenoid actuating...no gauge fluctuation......go to switch to second switch.....nothing..no reaction from solenoid on top. Plug into box good, grounds good.

headlights work......when switched on.

what about jumping upper solenoid?

painter paul

Rap on the protective control box with a piece of wood or a softblow hammer and see if the solenoid will make contact and allow the engine to crank. Very common problem(solenoid doesn't engage enough to make good electrical flow to crank the engine)

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Open hood......get in cab and open driverside windshield......flip on power switch.....flip and hold start switch while tapping PCB in authoritative manner with a wrench or something.

When you flip on the power switch does the heater fan work on high and low, or only on low?

jonsm114

Only one speed......when switch is on. I opened the box to measure voltage.....24 volts is present on both sides of the lower solenoid when switch is on....the upper has only voltage on one side....thought about jumping over on it to see what happens. Am I correct that the upper one puts power to starter? Is it a intermittent solenoid that catches only when lower start switch is activated?

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks