• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Winch Removal

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed the winch last night and wanted to see if I missed a step I didn't pick up in the technical manual. The manual stated to remove the winch lifting from the front, though I couldn't seem to clear the front rollers....so I removed them. I also found the hydraulic motor hard to get at ....and on tighter than drum head. Par for the course?

I'm mounting a plow frame on the truck (finished welding/fabricating today) and the winch will hopefully go back in a little easier. I could sure use a few tips.

Thank you

Having fun.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The hyd. motor and adptor needs to come off, remove the lower angle mounts, unbolt the upper mount from the top of the rail, lift STRIGHT up, a little jiggling out it comes, to back in, put some thin ply board or something like it in front of the rad. to protect it, again a little jiggling and STRIGHT down

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Do you have any more pics of the plow frame you made,I am putting a plow on my 900 series winch truck.

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few pictures of the mounting bracket (bought from a truck wholesaler who had it in his junk yard....specific to the plow) and the 2"x4"x0.25" tube welded to bracket plate and rail plate (1/2 " hot rolled steel, cut with plasma cutter).

If you know the plow you're using......let me know and I'll call my guy and see if he has one lying around.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks