• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A1 Hydraulic Crane info?

Joet13

I have acquired a 1986 M925A1 with a hydraulic cargo crane mounted between the cab and the bed. It is very strong and extends approximately 16 Ft. I have looked through all the technical manuals but cannot seem to find any information on the crane such as load capacity. I have also searched all the forums and cannot find any thread/conversations on a crane such as this. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out any info on the crane or which manual I might have missed? I cannot even find a manufacturers tag on the crane itself. It came from Ft. Hood like this, but could this be something they would have added later and not covered in any manual?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Joet13

M925A1 crane

Here are the pics. Also, looked at the number on the back and found the manufacturer, Hiab 032. Found the manufacturers website, so should be able to answer my own question. Obviously, something added that is not standard, thus no manuals. The website does not show my model, but interpolation appears to give me a capacity of 500lbs. Extended, 2000 lbs. with no extension. 4 wheeler weighs 553 lbs. dry, no trouble picking it up and extending it, did not try to pick it up once extended.

Thanks,

Joe

_DSC1009.jpg_DSC1000.jpg

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is sweet!, betting aftermarket. Never saw one on these trucks before. Takes way less bedspace than my crane.... ;)IMG_20140313_074257_817.jpg

Where do you keep the spare tire?

Last edited:

Joet13

The spare still fits between bed and cab. Course I'm hunting down a tire now as I had a blowout last weekend! Will post more pics when I get a chance. The crane is really handy, I've used the heck out of it.

Joet13

The spare still fits between bed and cab. Course I'm hunting down a tire now as I had a blowout last weekend! Will post more pics when I get a chance. The crane is really handy, I've used the heck out of it.