• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A1 recovery from Barstow success:-)

Truckoholic

Was the ABS added to all A1s or just selected examples?
I'm curious about that too. What would I look for on my truck to know if it has ABS or not? I seem to recall seeing an abs light on the dash but Im not near my truck right now. And there are like 4 air lines going to each brake chamber and that has me confused. I've owned trucks with air brakes my entire adult life, but the air brake setup on this truck just has me confused! Ha ha:cookoo:

Last edited:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm no expert, but here are the signs of ABS that I know of from my truck:

• ABS light on gauge cluster.
  • ABS sticker on windshield.
  • MWO tag on door jamb with correct number for the ABS mod. I don't remember the number off the top of my head, but I can look it up at home. Note that my truck has one MWO number on the door for an MWO that it doesn't seem to have, though, involving the parking brake lever.
  • Smaller diagnostic connector with 3 or 4 pins (don't remember, and I'm not near my truck) next to the big diagnostic connector under the right side of the dash. I have the diagnostic box for it that I got off eBay, but I haven't tried using it yet.
  • I think that the air dryer under my truck was also added as part of the ABS MWO. It farts whenever the compressor shuts off; I think that's an automatic moisture drain. No comment on when the driver farts. :whistle:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to a company that did ABS on the M939's and they installed 35000 units. Do not know if it was just A1's or all m939's.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I talked to a company that did ABS on the M939's and they installed 35000 units. Do not know if it was just A1's or all m939's.
My truck is a plain M923 (not A1 or A2), and it has the ABS MWO. It went through a repair program at Red River Army Depot in 2009, which I've been told was not a full overhaul, but just an inspect/repair/repaint/reissue program. I don't know if it already had the ABS MWO when it went to RRAD, or if they upgraded it there.