• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A1: Troubleshooting Failure to Charge

SchroedingersCat

Recently noticed the voltmeter was reading in the yellow. This sounded like a voltage regulator problem, so I replaced the regulator on the back of the alternator. Even found debris from the regulator in the brush cavity of the alternator...that bode well for a correct fix. BUT NO, I started the truck, the volt meter showed in the green (good!), but after a few minutes the voltage started to climb (bad), just before reaching the red, the meter just dropped back to yellow (bad!). Either I blew the regulator again, or something else failed. Possibly the PCB, though I can't figure out how/why that would cause the problem. Anybody got any ideas? If the PCB, how does that fit in with what happened? Thanks.

74M35A2

The stock military alternators have several different common failure modes, their technology and materials are from generations before it, let alone expensive to repair.

Any modern alternator will run circles around it in reliability, possess better cooling, have built in fail-safes, they adapt fairly easily, and can be had new for $80 shipped with 1 year warranty plus a $15 pulley.

I do prefer the look of the stock military one, but once it comes down to it leaving you on the side of the road or missing your favorite car show, not worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks