• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 overheating, I think

gobsmacked

I have a M925A2 with a cummins turbo, the temp gauge will go to 240 and hang there, the fan comes on at 200 runs for a bit than goes off, it seems to hang just under the 240 mark. has antifreeze, doesn't boil over, and doesn't smell or seem hot. where should I start, I am getting ready to take it to NC in a week or so, I welcome any ideals or help or directions

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Verify the part numbers on the sending unit, mismatched senders/gauges can read all wrong like you are seeing.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad grounds lead to high temp readings on gauges. The gauges ground to the panel through the mounting brackets, which is a known problem area.

Verify temp with IR gun. If actual temp checks good then check the gauge ground on panel.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gobsmacked it sounds like you got all the advice needed to fix your problem but I just wanted to suggest one small correction to your post, your truck has a CUMMINS engine in it, not a CUMMINGS!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks