• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 painted solid color doesn't look like CARC 383

idbankrman

I'm trying to figure out what paint code is most likely the right color for my M925A2 truck. The truck is solid green all over including underside. I've tried CARC 383 green (34094) from Gillespie and it doesn't match. You can see the 383 I rattle can painted on the hood. I also tried forest green 34079 from Gillespie. There is a little spot of it on the left front fender and it is too dark. Perhaps it is CARC 383 green and it is all so faded that it just looks different? I think this truck might have an original factory paint job because the interior seems to be the same color. Any ideas?IMG_2941.jpg

SteveKuhn

Looks like 383 to me. Allowing for weathering, curing and aging, I'm guessing your hood spot is right. Touchup rarely matches like auto shop paint.

Only choice is to take a part for a color match.

Steve

idbankrman

Ok Thanks for having a look. I'm pretty convinced it is 383 also. I had home depot mix up samples of 4 other likely colors and only 34151 is close. 383 still looks closer to the right color. I took a chip from the inside of the frame and it seems to be a match for the 383 mixed with Behr paint using the #4300 base. It looks closer than the gillespie coatings CARC substitute. Gillespies paint is not flat enough. It has a sheen to it that really stands out. Note that the chip from the inside of the frame, not being exposed to the sun looks much brighter and greener than the hood and cab of the truck.

KansasBobcat

You might try lusterless OD current issue 34086, or lusterless Marine Corp forest green 34052. I ordered several od colors from RAPCO and made color plates with sheet metal. They are a big help. Your truck is probably just faded.

idbankrman

The spray paint on the hood was put on back in February so its a couple months old. I'm going to put some of the Behr water based stuff on the hood (when it stops raining) also and see how it looks. The truck had big rust spots with paint flaking off the hood so I had to do something. At this point it's an experiment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks