• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Recovered from Little Falls

brasco

I owe a big thanks to my dad for helping me recover a M925A2 from Little Falls, MN this past week. The truck was sluggish at first but ran well once he put fresh fuel it. He also pulled out a trailer for another SS member and dropped it off in Wisconsin. He didn't have any issues with the truck at all. One tire was a little low when he picked it up but the CTIS pumped it up when he started it, no jump was needed.

We went over the truck a little more last night to see what shape it was in. It appears to have a few minor issues that can be fixed easily. The biggest issue we found was a crack in the weld of the hydraulic oil resevoir. It was weeping oil about 4" from the fill tube.

I didn't know it at the time of the auction but it looks like it was repaired by the Kansas Readiness Sustainment Maintenance Site and appears to have a Dresser engine installed. I guess the whole truck was "rebuilt" at that time. Does anyone know what the Kansas site did to these trucks? I don't know if the Dresser engine is just rebuilt or a new Cummins engine with a Dresser tag on it; my limited reseach wasn't conclusive.

I think this one is a keeper.

Dad with M925A2 small.jpg Dresser tag small.jpg Kansas tag.jpg

FloridaAKM

Glad everything went well for the trip home & you made it safely. From the pictures, it looks like a very good truck, even the CTIS works, you have a keeper. The engines mods, no clue; maybe some other more informed member will chime in shortly!

brasco

Thanks guys.. My dad and I played with truck a little more today and got the winch to work (finally figured out how to get the winch clutch engaged).

We checked the air filter and it looked clean but notice a hose behind it was off and dangling so I found where it went and tightened the fitting...looks like a vent hose or intake of some kind.

We also noticed a bunch of grease on the front, right axle... I wiped away the grease and found a big spilt in the axle boot... looks like one more repair to make... luckliy, I found new axle boots online...

Overall, the truck looks good but I don't think the Kansas City work was as inclusive as the Red River rebuilds... I have a Red River M923A2 also... maybe this particular 925 was just used more after being reset, I dunno...

Anyhow.... I finally got plates on my M923A2 today so I took my wife out for a ride around town. It is prom night and all the local kids were taking pictures outside- even at Wal-Mart... I was just thinking... how cool would it be to drive one of these trucsks to prom... my wife thought one of the girls tried to flag us down....hmmmm.... if I were only 18 again...

davo727

My first 932a2 has a tan painted 8.3 with a Dresser Industries 2008 tag on it also, I guess if I can find out if the engine has a block casting date code on it then would be able to tell if the engine was remanufactured by dresser in 2008 or what the deal is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks