• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M927 turning radius

ichudov

I was reading about M927 truck that I bought. Its turning radius is listed as 46 ft in the transportation manual.

Then I read Wikipedia about the term "turning radius" and it says that the term actually means "turning diameter".

So, my question is , is 46 ft really the turning RADIUS (diameter 92ft), or is it the diameter?

Confused in IL

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turning radius in the military means the distance needed to make a U turn. My M814 needs a whopping 47'2" to make a U turn, and with the winch, needs even more. But the upside is that I can carry all the booty for two people from the Haspin rally.:mrgreen:

Carlo

One thing I am sure my M923A2 turns shorter to the left than to the right. I have one hair pin curve before my house and going one way I make it and coming back take 2 maneuvers. I have tried it in the M931A1 and the same. The M35A2 takes 4 maneuvers!! Real Man Stearing!!