• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M928a2 specs?

MATT

Hi,

I searched the threads and can't find what I am looking for.

Do all M928A2's have super singles, auto trans, cummins, air brakes?

Thnx

hemichallenger

They came with 1400 or super singles. They all came with cummins and allison trans. The cummins could be a 8.3 or an ntc motor. If it has 6 lines out the top of the pump one for each injector it is a 8.3. If it has a pt pump it is an ntc motor. All had air brakes i think not sure about that.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only the A2s have the 6CTA 8.3 Cummins motors. Ted is right...all M939 series have Allison transmissions and a Cummins motor (the A0 and A1 had the NHC250, while the A2 had the 6CTA). All have air brakes. Only the A1 and A2 have super single tires...although you can convert an A0 to A1 status simply by installing single tires (i.e., that is the only difference of note between the A0 and A1).

Matt, yes, that is the NSN for the M928A2.

MATT

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I am getting 2 of these trucks to play with for a wildland fire truck fabrication. They are a little big but might work for water tenders.

Matt

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, they are terrible in tight spaces. The LWB makes them tough to maneuver. Also, watch out for the bed overhang as it really swings out when you make tight turns.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks