• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929/939A1 Ether Thermal Close Valve Leaking

bchristensen

I am working on deepening a large pond in the High Uintas and my 929A1 5-ton dump truck has been amazingly helpful. I've actually been super surprised that I haven't broken more things but this truck just keeps going and going. This weekend I installed an Ether canister to see if that would help with cold starting. It's dipping into the low 30's during the night. It would take 1 to 2 minutes of cranking to get the truck started after a week of sitting (I only work on the property on the weekends). I screwed in the Ether can, pressed the button while cranking and she fired up in less than 2 cranks. Amazing.

Then I thought to check for any leaks. The Ether Thermal Close Valve has a little hole (intentional it seems) in the side and Ether spews out of that hole. Apparently some of it makes it to the engine because she fired right up but a good amount sprays out the side. After thinking about exactly how to get my fire extinguisher, I tried a couple times. Same thing.

I can't find anyone that has this little fitting. I'd like to replace it with a newer one if I can find it. If not, I'm going to tear it down and see what o-ring or something has failed. If anyone knows much about this, please let me know. If you know where to buy a replacement, I'd appreciate that info as well! It's the item marked #6 on the attached TA.

Brian

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks