• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929 Dump Truck

M923

I know they're not as common as the M800 series but what can you tell me about them?

I had contacted Eastern Surplus and got some information but one bit of info stuck out. They mentioned it had a big-cam 400 HP engine but if I remember correctly the M929 has a Cummins NHC 250. Was this a mistake or do the dump trucks have a larger engine or does Eastern Surplus modify the engines on their trucks?[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

jh1990

if my memory is right from school, it should have the 8.3L cummins turbocharged aftercooled inline 6. from the few 939 series 5 tons my company used to have you should be good to go if you get it directly from eastern surplus or the like but if you get one straight from gl then it'll probably be a rats nest as far as every inch of wiring on the truck. theyre solid rigs tho just got some issues from years of "just get it working"

Josh

The M917(I think) which is a 8x6 Dumper has the Cummins 400. Its also the same platform as the M920 I believe.

A whole different series of trucks then the 939 series.

R Racing

The m929 and m930 never came with the Big cam 400 only the 250 small cam or in the A2 case the 8.3L cummins turbo. the m917 has the big cam 400 and the cat 16 speed .

Josh

YES but the question was M929 to start with, thay had a 250 then the cat

I know that.... I was telling him what truck had the 400. The M numbers are pretty simular between both dumpers may have been misheard by eastersurplus, hence the different engine info, ect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks