• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929 From New Castle DE to Upstate NY this weekend :)

mark69k20

Hello all, So I finally did it, I graduated from CUCVs to a truck I'm not even licensed to drive...yet :) I won a real decent looking M929, hard top/automatic trans w/ the nhc250 off of gov liq and everything seems ready to roll...my brother and dad are driving down so it will be a full blown family adventure! My wife said, "you bought a frigin dump truck?!...really?.....I can't get a used refrigerator off of craig's list cause it wasn't plugged in and you go and buy a frigin dump truck....nice" ......yup she loves me!........she has a hard time expressing herself....she just didn't know exactly how to tell me I done good :-D This thing is going to be great around the farm! I have been reading up on it and making up a supply list that hopefully we won't need for the recovery:) I was originally looking at disconnecting driveshafts to save fuel and wear/tear but have decided against it because of a few horror stories I read on here. I don't know enough about the truck to make an informed decision and it's only 300 miles so I am not going to sweat it... So on Fri if ya see the warm glow of CARC flyin up 81N at over 50 MPH and a guy in the passenger seat with a S*#! eatin grin you will know it's me....:beer:M929 med.jpg

mark69k20

She made it! 290 miles in 8 hrs...LOL It was slow going as it is lacking power pretty bad...there were hills that put her down to 30 MPH!!! I am REALLY hoping the new fuel filter that is on its way will fix it. Has anyone gotten a truck that had a real deep red tint to the fuel? I didn't think the military used off-road fuel... It looks like someone dumped the last trans fluid or hydro fluid change into the fuel tanks. It looks like a deeper red than our off road fuel.... Any who... here is a pick of her sitting in Gibson PA while we filled up our tanks...photo.jpg And one of her at Ralph's Diesel...thanks for the info fellas!photo (2).jpg

Attachments