• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929 Splash Guards

Augdog1964

Hey all,

Just picked up an M929A1 dump truck out of Indy, and it had really short splash guards installed, not the original long ones that can be rolled up.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of the long splash guards? Could also use the attaching hardware!

Thanks in Advance!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you mean mud flaps? I have some I can measure if you need to know the length.

IMG_3555.jpg

Augdog1964

Ok, yes mud flaps...

The ones that came on the truck are so short that when driving they curl in toward the tire and ride up onto the tire surface, rubbing the entire time. I need the ones in the picture.

Augdog1964

Sorry, in this part of the country we've always called them splash guards... I've heard them called mud flaps, but splash guards are what most people around here would say...

quickfarms

Go to a truck parts house ,dealer or truck stop and tell them the size you need. They are very common, mud flaps get torn all the time and the cops like to ticket the trucks, just try to get the thick ones. If I remember correctly the bottom has to be within 6" of the ground per DOT regs.

Last edited: