• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929A2 Coolant Filter Install Question

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished this install on my 929a2 with the 8.3L but I think I plumbed it in backwards. I plumbed the inlet on the filter base to the bottom of the water pump and the outlet to the side of the block next to the block heater. Right or wrong? Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the newer series tm has the routing and flow as I double checked mine for the nhc250 when I changed my heater core. I found my heater hoses were plumbed backwards.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on how old the block is, plumbing can go like this, Into the filter from the bottom, center pipe plug, toward the center of the block. Out of the filter into the pipe plug just above the one you used for the inlet. If it is a newer block, there will be two pipe plugs toward the rear of the block, one toward the bottom of the flat part of the casting and the other just above that one on the exhaust side. I'll see if I can dig up a manual and scan it for a pic.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, what would be a good location for coolant filter inlet and outlets on the NHC 250 block?

Easiest way is to "t" off the existing heater fittings/valves on the oil cooler and intake manifold going to the heater box. Check my build "major zippidy" for pictures and details.