• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929A2 Turn Signal Question

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a BMY 929A2 dump truck. The directional signal switch light comes on for left/right and hazard but doesn't flash just kind of dims . Is the turn signal flasher bad.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Did you walk around the truck and see if the blinkers are flashing as they are supposed to? It could be several things I would start with the simple ones like checking bulbs and go from there.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the others have said...it could be a number of things. Check the light switch...check the bulbs...check to make sure the turn signal switch on the steering column is grounded properly...make sure the lights themselves are grounded properly. If all of that checks out, it could be the flasher unit.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The light switch is on. The light on the turn signal lever comes on and stays on it just doesn't flash. All other light functions work just no turn or hazard.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tested with voltmeter and have 24v going into flasher module and 24v back out but no flashing so im guessing flasher module is bad.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the input. I ended up pulling the flasher unit out my m817 and trying it in my 929 and all the lights worked fine. So I now know the culprit is a bad flasher unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks