• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931/32 2 inch receiver hitch

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Now to change # 4. Welder buddy came over this weekend and here is what he came up with. He took a spare pintle hitch with him and will fab it up at his place. Removing the trailer electric connector without cutting the wires is not a problem as I have done it many times.

Bumperetts have arrived in Cheyenne so have to run down and pick them up I guess. Thanks Glen and Jim .

hitch.jpg

Last edited:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Welder has not got it done yet. He has had some family medical problems to deal with. Not a problem for me as I have been getting the truck ready to add a deuce cargo bed. Also cannot bug a person when they are doing if for free.

Rkrug

Asked a local welder to make me one and this is what he came up with. Pulled lots of heavy stuff with it and it works really good.
IMG_0623.jpg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting timing of this topic guys. I started working on a receiver for my 925, I am going to unscrew the big pintle nut on the inside of that, pull the pintle assembly out and install a 1/2 in wall tube in there, I will have already thresded the end of the tube so I can screw the original pintle nut onto the inside to hold it in, I will then set up a dropdown from there to a 2" reciever tube. Then figure out exactly what my drop for the ball height will be and buy the appropriate hitch for that. I will also run a brace back up to the truck on each side of this assembly to brace it forward and back. In looking at all the stuff on here this seemed like the easiest most effective way to pull my car trailer, bear in mind the most I will ever pull with this will be around 12K including trailer. I will take pictures when completed!
KK

jdknech

the reason the tread title is for the M931/M932 is because the rear cross member is differant then the cargo trucks... the hitch setups that you guys have posted look great! but dont really help the tractor guys much.. just a FYI..

tm america

I make the hitch kit for the m35s.. and from what i see i would do a plate that would go under the bumperettes and have a tight fitting cut out the shape of the factory hitch.Then i would run a piece of angle iron on each side of the factory hitch that would mount using the two bolts on each side of the factory hitch on the underside of the rear cross member than i would put a plate that would hang from the pintle under the nut on the backside.. the reciever tube would run thru the main plate that bolts on using the bumperette bolts and then would run thru the other plate that is held on using the pintle nut..And the pieces of angle iron would keep things from twisting front to rear plus give four more mounting points.. it would be a dirrect bolt on and would beonly limited by the strength of the rear crossmember.If you were to get me a few measurements i could draw it up and cut the plates out for you.And of course i would do the stars for the safety chain holes to match the style of the truck
..And of course i say bumperettes when i doupt there are bumperettes on the tractor..But i am sure there are some bolts that run thru the rear of the rear crossmember.. probably something for the taillight mounts or roller?i would need a few more pics of the rear of the truck and a couple measurements and i could whip something up in a day or so.

Last edited:

seano11

I make the hitch kit for the m35s.. and from what i see i would do a plate that would go under the bumperettes and have a tight fitting cut out the shape of the factory hitch.Then i would run a piece of angle iron on each side of the factory hitch that would mount using the two bolts on each side of the factory hitch on the underside of the rear cross member than i would put a plate that would hang from the pintle under the nut on the backside.. the reciever tube would run thru the main plate that bolts on using the bumperette bolts and then would run thru the other plate that is held on using the pintle nut..And the pieces of angle iron would keep things from twisting front to rear plus give four more mounting points.. it would be a dirrect bolt on and would beonly limited by the strength of the rear crossmember.If you were to get me a few measurements i could draw it up and cut the plates out for you.And of course i would do the stars for the safety chain holes to match the style of the truck
..And of course i say bumperettes when i doupt there are bumperettes on the tractor..But i am sure there are some bolts that run thru the rear of the rear crossmember.. probably something for the taillight mounts or roller?i would need a few more pics of the rear of the truck and a couple measurements and i could whip something up in a day or so.
I'd be down for 2 right away

tm america

I need basically three pics.One from the rear of the truck.One looking up at the bottom of the rear crossmember. And one looking at the area where the nut is that holds the pintle on..I would need the width of the main pintle bracket and the measurement from the top of the frame to the bottom of the pintle mount..then i would need to know the diameter of the threaded part of the pintle where the nut goes on..Then i would need to know the diameter of the bolts that run thru the rear face of the crossmember and the distance between them.. And finally the measurment from the top of the frame down to the bolt holes that run thru the rear face of the crossmember.Sorry if it seems i am asking for alot but just wanna make them look and fit nice

goldneagle

I am curious how close to my design it comes out. I posted my design because i do not have any problem with someone copying it. :tank:

Breach27

Tm America, I've seen your m35 hitches and they look great. If you start making them for the 923 I'm in for one. I'm also looking forward to goldneagle's idea. Subscribed.

Breach

tm america

I got the basic design all drawn up at lunch I will post some pics when I get home this evening..it looks really nice so far.very fitting for the back of the trucks

rrrr

I'd take one as well. If you were closer I'd drive over so you could get the measurements you need. Maybe there is a member with a tractor close by that could loan his truck for a few hours ?

tm america

I'd take one as well. If you were closer I'd drive over so you could get the measurements you need. Maybe there is a member with a tractor close by that could loan his truck for a few hours ?

That would be the easiest way..ussually works best if I have a truck to get accurate measurements..if someone wants to donate their truck for a couple hours I will give them the hitch for free

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks