• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Battery re-location box

Hoefler

Bought this kit from a fellow SS member (classifieds). It is a complete kit-new right down to all of the required nuts and bolts, all new cables and bus bars and new heavy duty mounting brackets to frame of truck. The door has a lock tab on it too so batteries will be safer. Instructions are included as well.
Have the box mounted and found it fit perfectly-took a couple of hours. I plan on moving the batteries out of the cab and into the box. Batteries off-gas and dont think its such a great idea to have them in the cab. The vacated under seat area will make a great tool storage area-I plan on lining it with Dynamat then the stuff they line gun safes with. This will help keep the cab a little more quite and provide me with great secure storage-a clown would never know that there is a storage area here.
With matching paint-plan on doing camo on the entire truck, this box will integrate well. I think it looks pretty trick and especially like the small steps leading to the summit!
My liberated old tool box will find its way to one of my other trucks.
Thanks to Andy-the guy who sold me the box.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hoefler

Not certain. I think its required after armor was installed on this series of trucks. Found a few pictures of armored M931's with this box on it.
The only reason I can think of is something entering cab and exploding batteries in the cab. I was surprised to learn that batteries are riding in the cabs of these trucks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was always underwhelmed by the thought process that put batteries inside the cab of a tactical vehicle. When the batteries off gas they cause corrosion on the metal and cause the fabric of the seats to dissolve.

I am thinking of upgrading to a 900 series 5 ton and that will be one of my first mods.

Are there anymore of these kits available?

Hoefler

I bought it from andy1234-he has posted to this thread
He was decent to deal with and shipped fast
This modification is well worth it-no regrets
I now have clean air in cab-well mostly.
I am now the only source emitting gas in cab!

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back From the dead. I am looking for the parts breakdown and installation instructions for this kit. I have the box but nothing else if someone could scan and email or mail them it would be much appreciate it. PM me if you got it.