• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 fuel filter

D6c

Looks like I should replace the fuel filter on my M931 as the water drain on the filter canister was plugged. Screwed out the drain valve and found a lot of rusty colored crud blocking the drain.

The sticky thread at the top of this forum lists a NAPA 3401 filter as a replacement. http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Fuel-Filter-Gold-/_/R-FIL3401_0271582658 A little pricey at $51.75 but I guess it won't get replaced very often.

Before I open up the filter canister, are the seals/gaskets that come with this Napa filter correct for the M931 or do I need to find them elsewhere?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I get a canister with a lot of rust in the bottom I let it soak in my mineral tank for awhile and air dry. Then pour some muriatic acid in the canister bottom and it eats the rust. Then I water flush real well and air dry.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do yourself and your truck and convert to a spin-on setup.
I have to disagree the large canister filters has a lot of area and the water catch is very large. If one was to put 300 miles a day everyday but Sunday I would say switch but a 1000 miles a year with clean tank good fuel change it when you get the truck and forget about it.

allie

mine is a 1986 m931 im gonna need a filter as well do you guys have a napa part number?
Thanks
al

Last edited: