• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m931 hitch drop

allie

has anybody ever installed a lower hitch mount on a m931 tractor? id like to tow a basic cargo trailer that has a ball mount but i need a hitch thats 16' up from the ground the pintle hitch on the tractor is obviously is way to high.
thanks

Wagoneer

A 2" or 3" receiver is my next project on my M931A2 tractor after I get my A/C compressor bracket...
I am looking at this setup as to be able to work around the tail lights.
Hitch1.JPG

Desertshark

Only thing is i wish when I bolted it to frame I would have used the bolt pattern for mud flap brackets. So mounting bolt went through hanger hitch then frame. Weld only hitch to frame making the mudflaps removable.

Wagoneer

I am on road now but tomorrow post what and how I did it all with measurements and pictures
That would be great. I think I found a Class V off a wrecked super duty but they also had a 3"x3" receiver tube hitch off of a large flatbed Kodiak. Waiting to hear back from them. I would like to use one of those and just fab it to the truck.

Desertshark

I did the fab work on mine. I think in all I have about 60 bux in it. A steel shop near me sold me the steel. They have lots of pre cut peices. I have a friend that does eater jet cutting cut the slots for square tubing. I'll pm you it all to you when I get home tomorrow.

allie

m931 drop hitch

Has anybody ever installed a lowered receiver hitch on a m931 tractor i'd like to tow a trailer but the receiver hitch needs to be lowered quite a bit to like 15' above ground- like the height of a pickup truck hitch

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You asked this same question in a thread in October.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=173155&share_fid=20191&share_type=t

m931 hitch drop

There are several m923 hitch threads on here for a regular receiver for a civilian trailer to even hooking a gooseneck trailer behind a cargo truck. Trying searching "hitch" in the 5 ton and up section and the 5 ton hot rod section

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks