• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 not starting

jjb

Well done, nice unit. Myself and a bud are headed to Indy on Wed. to recover 2ea M931A1s. (one tan, one green) Going to drive them back to Kentucky. Making a list of supplies as we speak. Will post pictures once I figure that out. I'm a better mechanic than IT guy.
JC
How are you able to drive them? Are you able to get them registered without a title in your state? Or are you just chancing it?

Good luck on your recovery.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're going to wing it. Have bill of sale and invioce. I'll call the insurance man and get it listed.
JC

capnseahawk

Thanks everyone for this thread. I just completed my first rescue! 1986 M931A1. 1300 miles with a new 250 cummins. Drove it home to Montana from Nellis AFB Nevada. Almost doubled the miles in 3 days that it took the Air Force almost 30 years to accumulate! As everyone might guess, that was a bumpy slow ride! I winged it with my bill of sale and proof of insurance but was not bothered by anyone. I am totally loving this truck!!! No real problems on the way home except a leaky rear wheel seal. But after taking a couple of young button pushing handle pulling boys for a ride (Nephews) I was barely starting and running. Then no starting at all. My emergency shut of valve was half closed. In the process of trying to start it I had switched it to the right tank for the first time and also had some air in the lines. This site helped me find all of my troubles and has made me feel like I can handle the learning curve to keep me on the road! Thank you SS contributors!