• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 recovery out of Nellis, NV

1trucker

Ok so I won An M931. I headed out Thursday to Nellis to pick up this beauty. I was a little nervous about it because the description about the truck said "Does not run". So off I go with excitement and anxiety. When I show up the GL guy asks if I want it loaded with a forklift or if I want to drive it on my trailer. I tell him the ad said "Does not run". He laughed and said "I guess we are using the forklift". He told me it would be a few minutes because he was helping someone else ahead of me with there truck. Off I go to my truck to try to start it. To my surprise the truck cranked over. The batteries were a little weak, but there was enough juice for the engine to fire up. Now I'm really excited. I try again, but the batteries had run out of gas. The GL guy shows up with the forklift and I politely ask him if we could jump the truck. He says sure and brings another truck and slave cables. He and his buddy went to work and cranked and cranked and cranked some more. Just when we were about to give up she fired up. This time it was different than the first time. She gave out a loud, strong roar as if this time she was awake and was not going back to sleep. She puffed several different colors of smoke at first. When the smoke cleared, I understood she was just clearing her throat. To my surprise, she is healthy. Truck gets loaded on to the trailer immediately. My son, buddy, and I chain her down and off we go to her new home. I'm grateful that my story ended with a very happy ending.

Attachments