• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Transmission Selector Not working properly

D6c

The transmission on my M931 shifts and pulls fine but the only problem is that when you put the selector in any other position besides 1-5 it just goes ahead and shifts like it was in the 1-5 position.

If, for example, I put the selector in 1-3 it should limit the trans to shifting no higher than 3rd gear....but it just goes ahead and shifts on up through 4th & 5th.
Been looking through the manuals and the P2P program but haven't run across any description of how the control works.

Has anyone experience this or can you tell me the likely cause? Wouldn't be a problem to run it like this unless you need to limit speed downhill by manually forcing it to stay in a lower gear.

Thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can pull the shifter up its 4 small bolts. Look and see if it's working properly. Check your fluid engine warm running in neutral. Might be something simple if not in the shifter assembly or cable I would pay the allison dealer the hour or so of labor might be an easy fix. Sometimes money well spent.
Will

Bandit02

You may just need a linkage adjustment.

The cable may have stretched. If you wanted a sure way to know if it's linkage or the transmission itself disconnect the linkage off the transmission and manually put it into each gear with it running (while the park brake is on of course and wheels chocked), it's not gonna go anywhere as the torque converter will just stall at idle until revved up. If you stick it in 1st and drive it and it stays in 1st then it's not the transmission, try this for all gears.

Cables do stretch over time or maybe it's something else you can see while under there.

D6c

Thanks, I'll experiment a little with the cable adjustment and see if that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks