• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 vibration

F18hornetM

Going through my M931 since I've only had it a few months and noticed a pretty good shake which seemed to be in the front. To make a long story short, had a front right tire go flat. So I broke it down and found that who ever put the new tires on the truck [yes, the truck has all new Goodyears on it] Left a rolled up flap inside. That has to weigh about 3 lbs. It wore the tube and caused a leak. Replaced the tube and removed the extra flap. Rides great now.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not an unusual find. I broke a lot of tires down in my time in the Army and I found several flaps like you describe.
I think since the old tire had a flap a lot of inexperienced guys just reused it without thinking that there might be a new flap inside the tire.

F18hornetM

Easy mistake really, especially if in a hurry and several guys changing tires. You know how guys get talking while working and not paying attention sometimes. Easy fix though, but if the tire hadn't went flat I wouldn't have found it so easy.
To get rid of the shake I was thinking about taking all the tires to work and putting them on the tire balancer. That would have shook the crap out of the balancer!!! Another easy way to check for something like that is jack up each tire and see if it has a heavy spot. Would roll right to the bottom.

crasheej

I always told the people that were changing tires to make sure that inside of the tires were clean before mounting. Some you didn't have to check on but there are some people you better check up on all the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks