• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m931a1 custom box!

acvolt145

Have had the truck done for a while now just getting around to posting some pics to get some responses about what you guys think. It didn't go to bad worked on it off and on for a couple weeks and it was done. Spent a little more on spare steel and used way more of about everything then I originally thought but the end result looks good and wasn't anything to terrible in the build. I took the plate and ramps off, measured everything up and started cutting. All the fenders are new, used old pieces of the box to fill the gap between the new fenders. Also took a picture of what happens when you have a big truck ,small crappy car and great ideas!!!!!

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks pretty slick. DId you take two M105A3 beds to make that bed? I can't tell that you fabricated it, assuming you did, which means you did a great job (again, assuming you put the bed together).

goldneagle

I'm thinking a larger cargo area with the tire assembly inside. Same with the tool box on the other side.

Another idea would be a custom cargo box with hard sides, and a door on the side that would open to allow the tire assembly to move out and lower to the ground. On the passenger side i would make custom tool storage into the side of the cargo box like the service trucks have.

flibob

I like the way the trailer fenders match the front fenders. Looks to me like a truck for some big expensive military project. Starwars maybe.

Some movie producer is looking for that truck.

acvolt145

I used a 105a2 to start with and cut the existing fender out, measured up and had some new fenders bent that were 2 inches wider, cut the inner floor and re-cut the sides to accept the two fenders and from a piece I cut out re-made the piece to line up with the support on the side. So yes you do have slightly more room between the fenders, same bed size as a stock 105a2.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a 105a2 to start with and cut the existing fender out, measured up and had some new fenders bent that were 2 inches wider, cut the inner floor and re-cut the sides to accept the two fenders and from a piece I cut out re-made the piece to line up with the support on the side. So yes you do have slightly more room between the fenders, same bed size as a stock 105a2.
Wow! Really nice work!

Gunner0311

When I did my M52A2 I used an old M35 Cargo Box. Not the best choice dimension
wise, but it was close by and the price was right.

I left the wheel well "wide open" for both rear axles, but I really like what you did
with giving each axle point it's own wheel well. Great visual affect:D

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks