• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a1 pulling civi trailer

Sephirothq

I have a M931 with the 11.00 x 20's that are a bit smaller then the 14.00 x20. 43" vs 48" You might be better off to just put a set of duals on the truck for your purposes.

goldneagle

I have not had my M931 in my yard for over 6 months so I cannot go out and look for the trailer brake switch in the cab. But I remember that the truck had 2 large air brake buttons on the dash (unlike my M923) The M931 also has a brake control lever on the steering column. It states in the manual that you apply that lever once you hook up the air limes to the trailer before you back up into it. I assume it locks the brakes on the trailer so it will not move while being coupled. The valve that is on the M931 but not on the M923 is called a trailer air supply valve. I hope the info is helpful.

See Page 2-138 in the TM 9-2320-272-10

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am subscribed to this thread. Please keep the info coming on how your experiment works out. I too have been considering 931 or 932 for hay/grain operations in offroad conditions that aren't suitable for regular road tractors. I have been wondering about the differences and modifications to be done so that they will work with my trailers. Thanks!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
liquid fertilizer to the fields from the home farm via a short van trailer with tanks inside.
Be careful with civilian van trailers also. Most newer civilian van trailers are right at 13' 6" tall when hooked to civilian trucks. Add the tall 5th wheel and super singles and you are quite a bit over height.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The 900 series 5 ton tractors we had at Fort Benning may have been the first series. There may have been a MWO done on them later to update them. I don't remember there being a valve on them but that was quite a few years ago. I do remember having to hook the air lines up and open the valves by hand in order to couple to the old air over hydraulic trailers we had.

Sephirothq

Those are 39" tall, so you would drop your 5th wheel height almost 5 inches and move the tire 5 inches away from the gear. let me know if you want any help on this

trukhead

What is the official kingpin size for the M931A2 if the slot in the 5th wheel is 3 inches? How wide are the civilian kingpins?:?:

trooper632

Dont think the king pin sizes are different, (but not 100 percent sure), but I just bought an adapter from local trailer sales for the gooseneck/fifth wheel trailer, which has the kin pin plate on the bottom end and the pipe that slides up into my gooseneck traler, civilian 40' gooseneck, I will post a couple of pics later. No issuses hitting the landing gear either. My truck is a M931a2 that has the 14.00 tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks