• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 conversion to a dropside M923A2 type possible?

Giggyman

I have a shortened 5 ton dropside bed on my M932A1. Yes it does ride stiff, especially approaches to bridge decks and washboard roads. An air ride seat makes a huge difference. I am driving it from Ohio to the Georgioa Rally again this year. I think the best suspension mod would be ditching the springs and going with air bags. This truck is registered Historical Military. No worries about CDL, I have had one for a couple of decades now.
you mean no worries in Ohio, or no worries in General? Or only because they have historical plates? What I'm really worried about is driving it back home from the auction on a Temporary Moving Permit and a Class C DL. I recently contacted a CDL driver who's willing to do drive it home with me for $150, should I take the risk driving it from barstow myself on a Class C DL?

jw4x4

you mean no worries in Ohio, or no worries in General? Or only because they have historical plates? What I'm really worried about is driving it back home from the auction on a Temporary Moving Permit and a Class C DL. I recently contacted a CDL driver who's willing to do drive it home with me for $150, should I take the risk driving it from barstow myself on a Class C DL?
I have no worries in general, and not because of the HMV plates. Research the laws in the states in which you will be driving. If in doubt, hire the CDL driver. I personally would never charge someone for driving their truck. Just cover the expenses. Then again, I am different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks