• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2 dump conversion

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start converting the Tractor to a dump truck......Took the ramps and 5th wheel off.......I have a 10ft bed now and i'm bidding on a 12ft bed tomorrow.....

If i use the 10ft bed the spare tire rack and tool box will stay....if i win the 12ft it will have to go.....

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

tobyS

Good luck getting the 12'. It really would give some extra capacity. Is it a military style (double cylinder) or a commercial style? I checked on new ones at Indy and they were $12,000+. Are you adding PTO?

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck getting the 12'. It really would give some extra capacity. Is it a military style (double cylinder) or a commercial style? I checked on new ones at Indy and they were $12,000+. Are you adding PTO?
Only found one military style and it was for a 800 series.....wouldn't clear the cab........the 10ft and the 12ft are both commercial style......the 12ft is just the box only and going to use the sub frame and cylinder from the 10ft and extend the front of the sub frame...

got the 10ft one from Illiana truck parts in Terra Haute it was 3500.......yep will be adding a PTO/Hydro pump....electric engage with electric diverter valve and air gate...

Looking good Gary.

Thanks Mike....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12' bed would be better suited as you won't ever get enough material in that 10' to tell you even have anything on there.

Just make sure, if you are using the hoist off the 10' bed on the 12', that it will dump the 12' bed high enough.

How are you going to power it? Winch pump?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only found one military style and it was for a 800 series.....wouldn't clear the cab........the 10ft and the 12ft are both commercial style......the 12ft is just the box only and going to use the sub frame and cylinder from the 10ft and extend the front of the sub frame...

got the 10ft one from Illiana truck parts in Terra Haute it was 3500.......yep will be adding a PTO/Hydro pump....electric engage with electric diverter valve and air gate...

Thanks Mike....
It seems like it would be less work to rework the cab guard on the one off the 800 series than extend the sub-frame and remount the hoist to a different box.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12' bed would be better suited as you won't ever get enough material in that 10' to tell you even have anything on there.

Just make sure, if you are using the hoist off the 10' bed on the 12', that it will dump the 12' bed high enough.

How are you going to power it? Winch pump?
Haven't bought the pump yet.....Lost it didn't get the 12 footer went to high.....

It seems like it would be less work to rework the cab guard on the one off the 800 series than extend the sub-frame and remount the hoist to a different box.
the 800 series bed is just 10ft so i'm going with the commercial one for now.......I have done bed reframes before not to hard.....Going to do more at the end of the week..

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking bed. That's also an interesting arrangement on the trailer. Do you have one pintle mounted at 5-ton height and one mounted at ton truck height?
Yep the lower lunette ring is for my one ton and the top will be used for the 5 ton........The top one was put there for the IH dump i had.....