• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932/M1088 Fifth Wheel Height vs. commercial truck???

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Trailboss, Csmdavis and myself all have several m931A0's and A1s that need homes. Sure we can round up a winch for one someplace.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Shark Bait

You'll also need to watch that low belly trailer off road on humps. That longer wheelbase with that low clearance can leave you stuck on a high spot or dragging your trailer and tearing up vital components or harming the structural integrity.

Ford Mechanic

Not to mention parts costs. If that kitty cat goes south it will break you. I have put 33,000 miles on my 923 since july. With minimal problems and never being left stranded. Grossing 40k to 72k always.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
You got that right! The Cummins is easier to work on too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

quickfarms

The typical bed bug trailer is right at 13'6" with a civilian tractor on low profile tires. Fifth wheel plate about 44"

Any military tractor will put you over height.

snowtrac nome

I wouldn't pick on the cat engines I work on all types for a living, weather its cat deere cummins or Detroit there isn't much other than filters on the aftermarket any more. The dealership parts are expensive. T,he only draw back I see for cat is you cant even go to napa and buy gaskets anymore even though victor renz makes them for cat, part of the deal is they cant make them for the aftermarket. you cant compare the c series cummins to a b series either there is truly aftermarket support for the b series which has likely been an all time most desirable engine platform for swaps aside from the sb chevy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks