• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 Question

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am supposed to mount a deuce bed on a 923a2 next week for a guy.I am going to remove the spare tire mount to gain some more space.

rrrr

Here's my 932a1 with a shortend deuce bed. If you take the tire and tool box off you should be able to use the entire bed and put the spare in the bed.

Attachments

Jayco36REQS

Thanks for the replies! Yea I found rrrr's thread after I posted my question... btw.. AWESOME job on the shorty rrrr!!! I have been looking for a 923 or 925 but it seems the costs go much higher at GL for those vs the 932's.. Plus for what I'm looking for a tad shorter wheel base might work better for me. I liek the idea of a slightly better turning radious for getting into the woods getting logs.

btw.. rrrr how does it handle on the open roads? What type of highway speeds/stability?

flibob

I am waiting for my euc to come back from Battle Creek then I am off to recover my 932. I liked rrr's rig also. Pulling logs and hauling water to the cabin. Got a proposal back from Gulfway for $127 a year. Does not have to be garaged for personal use only non commercial.:)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tractors do not ride as smoothly as the cargos, and they don't ride as smoothly as the LWB trucks. A friend has an M818 on which he installed a deuce bed and it looks great. He and I were just talking about this thread and his words were, "No way I'd seek out a tractor to convert into a cargo with all of the M923s coming out." He did because he had the truck and had less than $2K in it. He now is dealing with the spare problem...in that he can't mount a spare on the truck with the dual tanks. He could mount the spare in the bed as the other poster suggested, but you'd have to lose the troop seat on one side or modify them so you can fit the spare back there. That is a lot of work to save a few bucks. Your time is worth something, right? Save your money and find the right truck. They come out and sometimes they are reasonable. I saw a few M925s bring less than $4,500 recently. PM if you want help finding a truck. I'd be happy to help.

rrrr

Thanks for the replies! Yea I found rrrr's thread after I posted my question... btw.. AWESOME job on the shorty rrrr!!! I have been looking for a 923 or 925 but it seems the costs go much higher at GL for those vs the 932's.. Plus for what I'm looking for a tad shorter wheel base might work better for me. I liek the idea of a slightly better turning radious for getting into the woods getting logs.

btw.. rrrr how does it handle on the open roads? What type of highway speeds/stability?

Cruise around 57 mph. With the singles and the short wheel base it is a bumby ride even with tire pressures front 60 rear 50. It turns as sharp as my deuce so that's a great trade. Unless you have a bed local and can do the work yourself you'll end up spending more on the conversion. The nice thing is I can turn it back into a tractor in just a few hours if I want. I'm very happy with the truck and it has a look like no other !

RIDDLE1

Here's my 932a1 with a shortend deuce bed. If you take the tire and tool box off you should be able to use the entire bed and put the spare in the bed.
That is exactly what I am going to build as soon as I sell my bobbed deuce. I think I am gong to take the spare tire carrier off though to have a little more bed.

Jayco36REQS

All.. thanks for the info and insights! I'm new to the MV market.. not new to trucks, hot rodding, Pulling tractors, crazy mods... I have 6 acres and Dad has 10 acres to play with... plus a 75x150 building... with overhead crane, forklift, bucket-loader, etc.... so have plenty of tools, space, and ability to do the mods. If I can find a 925 or possible 923 for a decent prices, I might go with it. I like the idea of the shorter wheelbase and like the looks of the shorty cargo. rrrr's rig looks awesome to me! [thumbzup] I can easily see my first MV as a stepping stone to other MV's... So the search continues. lol

I work at WPAFB, and close to Columbus, Indy, Lansing.... so hoping to find one in one of those four areas... prefer at WP!! :)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All.. thanks for the info and insights! I'm new to the MV market.. not new to trucks, hot rodding, Pulling tractors, crazy mods... I have 6 acres and Dad has 10 acres to play with... plus a 75x150 building... with overhead crane, forklift, bucket-loader, etc.... so have plenty of tools, space, and ability to do the mods. If I can find a 925 or possible 923 for a decent prices, I might go with it. I like the idea of the shorter wheelbase and like the looks of the shorty cargo. rrrr's rig looks awesome to me! [thumbzup] I can easily see my first MV as a stepping stone to other MV's... So the search continues. lol

I work at WPAFB, and close to Columbus, Indy, Lansing.... so hoping to find one in one of those four areas... prefer at WP!! :)
You just missed an M925 in VA.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks