• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 transfer case servicing

rrrr

I've been through the TM's and I just want verification before I start. No help there.

In the picture; item 3 is the transfer case drain. Item 2 is the servicing plug.
Item 1 is a magnetic plug that doesn't seem to have a opening to service.

Item 2 is a 5/8 square nut instead of the 1/2 drive plug like items 1 and 3.

sorry about the poor picture.

Remove item 2, square nut type plug, and service until fluid comes out. Correct ?

Attachments

Barron

That will work. When I serviced mine, everything was low. I ended up using 3 gallons of 80/90 from front to back, kinda surprised me.

rrrr

Thanks, two axles where good, looked like new oil, one very low. The 5/8 square nut plug it really on there and I just wanted to make sure before I really bang on it good. The transmission has fresh oil as well. I'll be changing that over to dextron 3.

Barron

I ended up using 5 gallons and part of a case. that was for a fill, and flush & refill. I found out you can drain more out if you let the truck sit for a few days, the torque converter drains down to around half maybe after time. after sitting, it showed maybe 3 inches above full on the dipstick, versus a lot less after it's run and warmed up. sure makes it shift smoother.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks