• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 5 ton 6x6 from Fort Bragg to Seattle

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is an expansable truck, I can tell from the pics. I will check it next week. Worst case, if you need time to arrange pickup/shipment, I can recover to an off site location and we can go from there. I do not have an issue doing this with anyone who buys out of Bragg. I'm pretty sure between ABN 173, myself, and a few others, we can find/fix/store anything.

As I said in the PM, I will contact felix and arrange an onsite inspection next week.

you will need a "low boy" of some type, a standard flatbed trailer will be overheight IIRC. These are TALL trucks.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a very good price. I paid $5 a mile a year ago. Has anyone ever sent a vehicle by train? I have a friend that does the cross country rally and he sends his jeep to California from Raleigh by train and then takes a plane out a week later.

10Lugger

Why not put out a call for a member to pick up the unit, and store it till you can work out shipping. Uship came through for us on an out of town deal.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've contacted felix to arrange inspection. Based on the conversation he and I had yesterday it will be Monday or Tuesday.

I can also recover to off site for temp storage until shipment can be arranged (18-wheeler accessible, we can find a ramp if required, but easier if shipper has that capability)

Alaskaboy

Thanks Bikeman. I talked to Felix and he said he might be able to find a corner to stick it for awhile too. But if necessary I would very much appreciate it if you could move it off base for me until I figure out how I am going to get it home. I will PM you my phone number and you can call me when you get a chance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
fwiw, I recently had bikeman help me with a pickup(small item) and he is holding it for me until the near future.

He was great to work with and very helpful.

Thanks again bikeman.

Alaskaboy

M934 and m934A1 probably won't get 7mpg. I get 6 mpg in my M925.

I've recovered several M934s with the NH250 and got 4-5mpg out of them cruising at highway speeds in varied terrain.

PM sent. (For all interested parties, yes it was an offer - $2 per loaded mile. )
If I decide not to drive it myself I will consider all offers. Thank you, Mark

red

I'm driving my deuce from Midland Texas up to Bellingham Washington starting next weekend (taking 2 weeks, mostly camping). Could meet up along the way for a convoy.

Alaskaboy

I'm driving my deuce from Midland Texas up to Bellingham Washington starting next weekend (taking 2 weeks, mostly camping). Could meet up along the way for a convoy.
Would love to but we will be in Vegas next week till the 15th. Planning on getting the truck after that.

Alaskaboy

Is there anyone in the Fayetteville area with a CDL who wants an all expense paid trip to Seattle and a return ticket home? My co-pilot had to back out so I need another driver to make the trip with me. I want to go straight through with minimal stops and take turns driving with someone. should be able to make it in 2 days (3 on the outside) barring any major breakdowns.

Alaskaboy

Well the adventure begins. Leaving Ketchikan headed for NC and would'nt you know it, the plane breaks down on landing so we are still waiting. Hope this is'nt an omen.��
We should be at Bikeman's house by tomorrow afternoon, have a beer and dinner, then get started.

red

Well the adventure begins. Leaving Ketchikan headed for NC and would'nt you know it, the plane breaks down on landing so we are still waiting. Hope this is'nt an omen.😳
We should be at Bikeman's house by tomorrow afternoon, have a beer and dinner, then get started.
Sounds like the start to my trip, been delayed 2 weeks so far

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alaskaboy and his Soldier B took the M934 out for a test drive today. We identified some small things and snagged a borrowed tool from ABN 173. They are going to air everything up in the morning and take off if they hold air (one seems reluctant).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks