• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934a2 no longer broke down in Chamberlain SD. fuel Problems

M934A2

We are broke down in Chamberlain SD. Anyone close by here or able to provide some tech help over the phone
Truck died last night pulling in to the truck stop, been having fuel filter issues so we changed that late last night and she fired back up.
This morning we go to start it and she fired after cranking a few seconds ran rough for 30 seconds then died.
Pulled fuel filter and replaced with another new one.
Primed it back up and no start, cracked open line going from block filter to injector pump and have lots of pressure there. Opened a line coming out the top and no fuel when cranking or when priming.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I talked to him a few minutes ago, sounds like a priming issue, talked him though it, waiting for a call back.

74M35A2

I just called too, no answer. If it was running then stopped, which is what it sounds like, that is what needs to be focused on for now. Step one would be to add 10 gallons of diesel to the tank. You don't know if the gauge is working or if the fuel tank pickup tube is cracked at a certain level. They have really been known to crack at the top where they are joined to the elbow. Next, if it has the large fuel filter behind the drivers tire (some A2's do, some don't), then make sure the square washer is seated correctly on top of the filter head, which has a recess for it. Also make sure it is rubber side down. Make sure the bottom drain is snug tight. Once you added 10 gallons of diesel fuel, then crack a line loose after the hand primer pump, or spin the small engine mounted filter loose at each pump, and then reseal before you release the pump, and repeat it until fuel sprays out. If it was running then quit, and the tank pickup tube did not crack at the top elbow, this should get you going again, and keep more fuel in the tank until you arrive and can thoroughly investigate it. Worst case is to run a temporary rubber hose from the fuel lift pump to a portable can with diesel in it, in the bed or what have you. One could fab something together relatively safe using a portable fuel tank for an outboard engine.

Aruba1

Did you fill it with diesel all the way to the top? I don't even know where the filters are on a 5 ton but on my International I always leveled it with diesel and then I screwed it in place. But it was running when it quit so it could be something else.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Open the bolt head top forward back of ip 2 turns thats the bleeder. Pump primer pump 100 times. If it starts and dies repeat. You prob have a small hole in a line somewhere.

M934A2

Back on the road $200 later. Had some fuel lines that were leaking allowing air in. Removed and cleaned the pickup tube in the tank and checked for leaks. Blew air through line from tank to motor and no leaks. Rubber line from hard line to the primer had bubbles coming out of it so thinking that was my problem. Just need to find more filters now. Guessing it will be rapid city.
Tha ks for the help and calls guys!! Hopefully this will be it :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks