• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Air Dryer part #

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't match what?

Isn't there a number on the filter?

Did you try google searching the part number in the TM?

SD T16

Doesn't match what?-------It doesn't match Simps spread sheet "list". Napa MBI A72420

Isn't there a number on the filter?------------ Obviously none that are readable!.

Did you try google searching the part number in the TM?-------- Haven't found an illustration of above pictured unit in manual. Hence why I posted the picture.

Could I be looking at the wrong thing?.... quite possible, I am not an expert.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no expert either, I was just looking for some details so I could try to help.

I do not know what the Simps spread sheet is. or What number you had.

Nothing is obvious with your picture, I can only see one side, and you did not say that was your truck(to know you looked on the other side).

You didn't say you looked in the TM, and what you have didn't match your truck.

Like I said, I am only rebutting all this because I always seem to get flack when All I am trying to do is help you(and help you use the website). If you had included the info in post 3 in your first post, it would have helped (not being negative, just stating a fact).

Please don't think I am not trying to help. That's all I am doing.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did dig through the part TM, and I see that the picture is not the same as what the TM shows.

I wonder if yours is different for the wrecker, or someone changed it out.

Fleet pride may have a book or online catalog for the filters, and maybe it can simply be recognized visually.

I am really surprised there are no numbers on it at all.

Can you post anything at all that is readable on it? or on the unit below.

SD T16

"I did dig through the part TM, and I see that the picture is not the same as what the TM shows."

Well that makes me feel good!...Ha!

The truck is at a friends at the moment. I should be over there for further investigation soon. The truck is as it came from GL!

Thanks for your help.

SD

SD T16

Very Interesting!...Hmmmmmm

I will look into that.

I did a Haldex search too..... that page didn't com up.

Thanks.

SD

Artisan

Try a Haldex Midland DQ6036 Air Brake Dryer Desiccant Cartridge . I found one complete w/ the innerds as well on ebay for 74 bucks.

SD T16

Well we are definitely heading in the right direction!
Thanks for the help!

I will keep y'all posted
SD

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, would you say that is an M35A3 dryer?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks