• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936- No Reverse!!

SD T16

Hi!
We haven't gotten our M936 out of Shelby yet, but I have already been informed that it will not back up! BALLS!!! It goes forward just fine but no Backy Upy!
Does anyone have any experience with these transmissions?
It has the Allison MT654 I believe.
I have seen a reference to a MT654CR some place for the 900 series as well, however, I do not know the difference, or am I certain what is in our truck. Like I said, It is Still at Camp, Shelby.

So,
Are the transmissions the same as in the other 900 series trucks or is the 936 different?

Is this a common problem? or Any ideas of what to check?

Is it most likely easier to find a T/O and just swap them?

Thanks in advance for any Help!!

Sean

rrrr

Could be something as easy as a linkage adjustment issue. Check the TM's on the site and read up.

Good luck.

SD T16

Thanks Guys!
Keep the suggestions coming!

Wreckerman, I actually got your reply first, then replied my self and then they both disappeared! So, here is my reply from then:

Hi!
We haven't gotten our M936 out of Shelby yet, but I have already been informed that it will not back up! BALLS!!! It goes forward just fine but no Backy Upy!
Does anyone have any experience with these transmissions?
It has the Allison MT654 I believe.
I have seen a reference to a MT654CR some place for the 900 series as well, however, I do not know the difference, or am I certain what is in our truck. Like I said, It is Still at Camp, Shelby.

So,
Are the transmissions the same as in the other 900 series trucks or is the 936 different?

Is this a common problem? or Any ideas of what to check?

Is it most likely easier to find a T/O and just swap them?

Thanks in advance for any Help!!

Sean

Thanks for the other suggestions Jwaller and RRRRR.

Its tough when its far away! And as I stated before, I need to get it figured out before it gets here as I don't have the room to work on it.

Cheers[thumbzup]

SD