• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 on recent GL auction

halftrack

Anyone see what the final price for the M936 went for? Someone mentioned $25,500 and that's BEFORE taxes and the buyers premium. And it was just a straight 900.

I must admit it was a clean truck but considering that I will be selling an M936A2 for less when you count all of the fees and taxes, it just makes me wonder if people just get wrapped up in auction fever!

No, I did not bid on the truck and congrats to whomever bought her.

halftrack

Thanks Rupp,

I looked on GL to post the pics but I could not find them. Like I said, nice truck.

BTW, whoever ends up buying mine when I sell it, I would throw in most of the wrecker tools with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I firmly believe people are willing to pay more from GL than a private seller because they think they will show up at a rally and someone will think "Oh, that's so&so's old truck". Even though with GL you have to deal with their paperwork nightmare, scheduling nightmares, no test drives, etc.

I should not have to explain why it's patently crazy to pay retail prices to a wholesaler (GL), but apparently a lot of people think it's totally normal. :cookoo:

jbingvtx

It is a very nice truck..but for my money I would rather drive so&sos truck any day of the week.
I think that the buying, selling, and swapping that goes on here is a great way to meet members
and make friends.

govt

I think if people who are worrying about the economy could see what things are selling for on GL right now they would realize the economy is in better shape than I have seen it in a long time. I used to could afford things on GL but people with deeper pockets than me have arrived on the site. GL is now my economy measuring stick!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a lot of these prices come about because guys don't know much about value. Many of the guys paying these crazy prices have not done their homework to know what the same trucks sell for on the retail market. They simply want a truck and gauge value by the fact that others are willing to bid the same amount (how many times have we heard..."well, at least two people thought it was worth that much"). What you have is the blind leading the blind. Admittedly, I have never seen what appeared to be a rebuilt M936 like this previously, but I have owned two really nice, clean, low mileage M936A2s and I have seen others for sale (Winslow had a nice M936A1 for sale...he sold it for less than this truck sold for). My point is that they sell for less RETAIL than what this guy paid AT AUCTION!!! If someone wants a nice M936A2, they would do well to talk to Jason Frisch about his truck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think if people who are worrying about the economy could see what things are selling for on GL right now they would realize the economy is in better shape than I have seen it in a long time. I used to could afford things on GL but people with deeper pockets than me have arrived on the site. GL is now my economy measuring stick!

I can see it now, I watching CNN, and the DJI is ticking by on the bottom of the screen, GE $23.75 +1.3% GM $59.48 -.8% M818 $3595 +3.4% M105 $275 -1.9% M1008...... etc etc
rofl

markmontana

Look at it this way

I'm glad this M/V hobby has an 'upward' price direction- it means our stuff is at least holding it's value. Sure, we have to pay a bit more to get what we want, but like my pappa tol' me- 'Son, you didn't pay too much for it, you just bought too early'.

It's only money, we can go out and make some more...

saddamsnightmare

May 7th, 2010.

:p Gents:

Is it possible that the purchaser may have had a need for a working off road capable wrecker of that size, and felt that the cost was a better buy then new civillian or used civillian? Just my2cents worth.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
May 7th, 2010.

:p Gents:

Is it possible that the purchaser may have had a need for a working off road capable wrecker of that size, and felt that the cost was a better buy then new civillian or used civillian? Just my2cents worth.

Agreed, If you step back and look at what you get for the $ compared to the civilian equivalent, that truck is dirt cheap. Yet still more than i could afford.

DonFDNY

That wrecker was in NEW CONDITION (Miles-671) and a once in a lifetime opportunity. The condition was listed as HX
"H = Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria. X = Property has some value in excess of its basic material content, but repair or rehabilitation and/or uneconomical."
Who ever bought it must have had an inside deal going and knew it was A1

halftrack

Gents, one of my trucks will be up for sale within the next month. Basically I put back together a M936A2 and the truck is going to sell for what I have in it. My labor was free. If I would charge for my labor I thing it would be a $70000 truck. Obviously I don't think the truck is worth that. I enjoy taking a truck that is written off for dead and bringing back to life. At my wallet's expense of course.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks