• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 tcase in an 800 series?

wehring

Just a thought. Can you easily put a 936 air shift tcase in an 800 series to get rid of the sprag? Anyone done this yet?

Justin Wehring'
979 997 3112

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i beleive jones used one in his baby hemtt, i think he said that the outputs were on the opposit side of the 800s,

Heavy Hooker

Having the front drive air shift capability would be a nice addition but beware the 900 series t-case has a weaknest under high torque conditions. The case may/will crack when the truck is put in low range and in reverse without the front airshift engaged. The automatic in the 900series produces a high torque multiplication. The 800series engine may produce the same torque peak if the truck is chained up or towing. When the front drive is engaged it seems to split the torque and not stress the case as bad. I have personally broken two cases and had to rebuild /recase at least a dozen more t-cases. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Sephirothq

if you run a 900 series truck in low range and the transmission is in reverse you can snap the transfer case right off if you shock it. Ie hit the gas pedal quickly with a loaded truck. It makes a big mess.

emr

Heavy hooker, thanks for the straight up facts on this, i have been studying this for 5 or 6 years now, and love my 925 , and have spent alot of time with the guys who had a bunch they used every day, and this is the first I heard of it only being in just rear drive, but it sure makes alot of sense, and relates to alot I have learned, they are robust units i beleive, but there gearing is crazy low, Do U know the answer to this?... in a training vidieo the M939 A2 s it said when shifting into low the front wheels automaticaly engage, and one does not use the lever on the dash, well because it already goes to it, I know this is not true in My M925 , If this is true in an A2, it may have been a fix or a try to fix said problem,It is hard to almost impossible to find correct answers in these trucks, U made the most sense to date, And if it is true it would be important to someone like this thread looking for a transfer case, thanks... Randy

mdmorganwife

What kind of parts availability is there on the 939 series trucks? I've got my eye on a M936a2 w/w but it needs a few things to make it road worthy. thanks for any info :p

Last edited: