• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m936 transmisson stuck in reverse

netow

439655_6002_159_0001.jpgrecently was using the crane on a m936a2 and everything functioned correctly until i took the pto out and put the transfer case back in gear, the transmission seems to be stuck in reverse in reverse and neutral, transmission locks up in forward gears like its still in reverse but trying to put it in a forward gear at the same time, anyone else have this issue?

Gunzy

Check the button on the end of the T-case lever. If it is staying engaged the torque converter will say in lockup and cause this.

netow

anyway to bypass that switch? it seems to be pulled out all the way but i want to make sure that it actually is and not stuck internally

engineer233

Follow the wires at the back of the shift lever and unplug them. I had a M932 the wires came unplugged and I had to shut the truck off and bleed the air down to shift the transfer case until I found the problem. May not fix your issue but it's something to try.

netow

tried unplugging the shift button and no luck gonna plug a guage in and check tranny pressures hopefully something not to serious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks