• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Wrecker, Tires and Spare

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks like you've got a unique and fun project on your hands! The wreckers, although a maintenance nightmare at times, are tons of fun and very useful.
I have had it for about 6 weeks now. The outriggers were (are) rusted into the body. The back two came out eventually. The front two are still stubbornly in place. I have resorted to a hacksaw blade on a saws-all. I have worn out several blades... Lots of penetrating fluid. I am using a special mix suggested by simp5782 of 50/50 ATF and Acetone. It is definitely eating away at the rust in the back outrigger pockets. Almost two gallons so far!

My first real adventure happened earlier this month. Hydraulic hose popped and was really exciting. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/m936-hydraulics-or-how-fast-can-an-old-fat-man-move.196132/

That caused me to start inspecting hoses a little more carefully. Found one in the gondola that has some damage - just like the one that busted. I figure it is next on the repair list. I picked up a NOS muffler from Floridianson that still needs to be installed.

Yes! For sure. A really cool truck. Lots of things I can do with it - but it definitely needs some TLC.

71DeuceAK

The wreckers definitely take some work. I've never played with the outriggers on one but I understand they are a pain, being completely manual. A couple of my adventures involved drag winch control valves and drag winch cable blunders, including broken shear pins. Ask 98G about that one sometime...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks