• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Wrecker's

ClintA

I tryed to look this up with no luck. I have never got a chance to be around a M936 Wrecker. I would not mind having one to pull water wells, but when they say that the boom is 18 feet, does that mean off the deck or from ground level? Pipe joints are 20 feet long for the most part so would a Wrecker have enough head room? If not is there anyone who has added any length to the boom for more head room? In all I do not know if I would have enough head room to pull 20 foot pipes out of the ground with elevators, block and with the pipe being mabie a foot above ground level. Thanks in advance.

jimmcld

My M816 uses the same wrecker body as the M936 and it is 20 feet from the hook to the ground with the boom fully extended and raised.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I don't know if this info is helpful to the original poster, but I'll note it here for folks who might find this thread in a search later: I measured the maximum hook height over ground to be 18 feet for my M543A2 wrecker, which is similar to the M936 but a couple of generations older.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It wouldn't be too hard to attach a jib to the end of the boom. We've added jibs to cranes at work before but it's not something you should do without knowing the engineering specs and are a competent welder.

ClintA

It wouldn't be too hard to attach a jib to the end of the boom. We've added jibs to cranes at work before but it's not something you should do without knowing the engineering specs and are a competent welder.
has anyone done this, or know someone that did?