• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 Fun in the Snow

70deuce

Got a pretty good storm here south of Denver and decided to check out the CTIS settings on the wrecker in the snow. Found out at the highway setting which is about 90 PSI on this truck the tires acted almost liked the military lugged tires on most older trucks, terrible in just a few inches of snow. Slight incline and the truck slowed and started to spin all tires in high range. Hit X/C and let the pressure stabilize and tried some real deep snow as seen in the three YouTube videos listed below. Totally different story. Tires dug in and this thing was plowing through over 20 inches of snow with no problem. Even up some decent grades the tires were griping and pulling nicely. The video shows the truck driving through a snow covered ditch with about 2.5 feet of snow covering it. Yeh I had driven through in once before taking the videos but you can see how it does with the tires aired down. The run is uphill also. Never did try the sand setting since it was doing fine in the X/C mode. Also got the Grand Cherokee stuck while plowing when it broke through a layer of ice covered snow and high centered. Hooked a nylon strap to it and pulled it backwards 10 feet with the Jeep in neutral and the truck in low range. It pulled it out almost at idle.

https://youtu.be/E3vHP_RxRcY

https://youtu.be/hln5B9pvcK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYiUOlgaDM

Attachments

JohnnyBM931A2

That's awesome dude 8) Our first snowfall dumped 10" on my truck Friday night/Saturday. Had to work Friday, Saturday, and today, so no 5 ton fun in the snow for me :( Snow is already melting pretty good. Thanks for the info about the CTIS setting.. I'll have to give that a try :)

I wonder if my tractor will work as well in the snow with my significantly lower overall weight. Anyone care to chime in with experience?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far in North West Nevada it's been cold enough, but we've only had a couple inches of snow.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My old M61 tractor was junk in the snow till I added an ecology block then it would go anywhere, well except over the mountain to many trees and stuff.:cookoo:

therooster2001

Funny what a difference 20 miles can make. We got the same storm, the south got whacked, north of Denver, we got rain and maybe 1". No fun in the snow with mine, yet... Great video shots of all sides. GoPro's? Another guy down by you just got a wrecker that I am going to get to play with. You guys have all the fun...

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool pictures and great video!!! :driver::cool: I didn't have any fun toys to play with when I had to deal with all of that cold white stuff. :-( I guess that's one reason I think of snow as a four letter word with negative connotations (if you get my drift)! ;-)

70deuce

ODFever, I have another four letter word for you COLD Temp Thanksgiving morning here will be around 0 degrees along with some of the previously mentioned four letter word. Was just in down in Tampa. Not near 0 to say the least down there. :)