• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 operation video?

stanleycr1

I won a M936A2 today so I am kinda excited. The ultimate toy. The problem is I know nothing about operating a wrecker. I found TM-9-2320-272-10 of course but are there any training videos out for crane and or winch operation?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys as soon as I get it home I am sure I will have some questions. Ft. Lee Va Event ID 12280Lot Number 5865

I'm Tan with envy! Looks like all the tires hold air, you got part of an intercom system, Radio holder? Vise, holy crap, unless there's a piston through the block you won the lottery! Congrats, I wish that was mine. Let us know what the no start is and what it needs besides fluids. I'm envious!

peter34668

I won a M936A2 today so I am kinda excited. The ultimate toy. The problem is I know nothing about operating a wrecker. I found TM-9-2320-272-10 of course but are there any training videos out for crane and or winch operation?
I own one of these and have played with it a bit. If you have any questions I will do my best to help'

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess I'll be the "Aunt Louise". Make sure you read through the TM first. The rear winch and boom of these trucks have no "safety" systems and are VERY powerful. They can easily damage/maim/kill.

My 543 is a stable workhorse around here. But I'll admit, I do get a little apprehensive working with it sometimes. But it's a healthy respect IMO.

mcmullag

I want a M936a2 someday and it would be cool if one of the current owners would possibly make a video of the basics of what they have learned. I'm sure there is a lot of physics involved and experience of how far to put the boom out to the side and putting down the stabilizers at certain times, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks