• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 outrigger roll pin

charlesmann

SO, pin #7 broke at some point and found it when i went to put the outrigger in place, the adjustable leg dropped to the ground. I tried driving pin #5 out and dang near broke my thumb/hand with a 3lb hammer. Has anyone had to drive these pins out? According to wbparts, they are not roll pins, but more of a split taper pin. I plan on replacing them with a 1/4" roll pin. I was able to drive pin #7 out, but pin #5, not so much, and i really don't want to hammer it out with an air hammer, but i will, if i have to, but figured i would reach out before bringing out air tools.
stabilzer ipc.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got pin #7 replaced with ease. Couldnt get #5 out, even after heat and beat with an air hammer. If someone else runs in to this issue, good luck to ya.
I ordered the factory parts for those pins from Oshkosh of all places. About a year ago. My outriggers were stuck in their "sleeves" (rust and salt is my guess) and I snatched and jerked on them. Broke one before I knew that was possible. If you can just imagine... Snatch, Jerk, Yank, slide the leg back in and repeat the process. I guess I was really lucky and didn't end up on my back with that big flat pad in the middle of my chest.

I think Wes suggested Oshkosh as the source.
They were built to break in the event the truck needed to make a quick exit with the legs down.

charlesmann

I just went to tractor supply and got a pkg of 1/4” regular roll pins. I wasnt gonna search for the OEM ones once i looked the nsn up and found out it was 1/4”.
i didnt have time to wait on shipping for it since i needed other maint to be performed while i was out of country for 3wks and wasnt gonna trust just a jack and stand to support that one side of the tck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks