• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 rear winch control valve

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear winch control valve spool shaft on my M936A2 is rusted and pitted beyond repair. Does anyone know if any of the M936s that were just auctioned off are being parted out? I am assuming they use the same control valve (11669330 CAT233), but I am not sure. The 936A2 valve is mounted on right rear so that it can be operated from side of the truck. I am not sure where the one on the 936 is located or if it is the same.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure if the valves are the same, but they probably are. Even if they are not, I am sure you could adapt the valve from the earlier M936 since the controls for the M936, M936A1 and M936A2 are all located in the same location.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent an email to CSMDAVIS, but I haven't heard back. I started looking to see if the same control valve was used on the M816. I couldn't find the control valve in the -35P2, either in the parts section or the cross reference list, so I guess this one is unique to the M936.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't seem to find what happened to the M936's that GL just sold in Miss., so I am looking at other alternatives. I found someone with a NOS valve, but I could buy another truck for what they are asking. The valve manufacturer says the spool rod was "not of a standard dimension" and would have to be custom made. So, I am considering tearing the vavle down and see if I can get another spool rod machined. I would still have the issue of the right o rings. Anyone out there with words of wisdom on rebuilding the valve?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Why not replace the valve with a non mil. valve, paint it, no one will know the difference

Coldfusion21

Ya a custom valve is gonna be expensive if it's done anything like the oe one was. Several steps in making a hyd valve spool.

I'd try and find a similar valve setup from a quality manufacturer and use that. Would make future repair/replacement easy too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks