• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 stalls when shifted out of neutral

jesusgatos

Engine stalls when shifted out of neutral, into drive (yes, PTO disengaged). My brother is suggesting that it may be a air solenoid that controls torque converter lockup? Not finding anything in TM's, can anybody point me in the right direction?

someoldmoose

Jesusgatos, no need to search just click on the link in porkysplace's post. Sounds like the lock-up switch or circuit to me. If torque converter is locked it'll shut off almost instantly ( like a manual trans vehicle with the clutch stuck ). If it chugs a few seconds before shut-off it might be fuel related but a locked up converter is much easier to diagnose. Check that first.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Check the lever button first. The other thing that goes wrong is that there is a plate with on the drivers side of the transmission held on by 4 bolts. It has the little solenoid mounted to it and there is a ground mounted to that plate. the other solenoid wire runs to the harness on the capacitor. Cut that ground and relocate it by extending it to the bellhousing bolt with the other ground on it. That ground wire also causes High to Low transfer case shifts on the go to bind a lot of times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks