• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 Value/Diagnosis Help

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tylerrayals said:

"I went: parking brake up, trans to neutral, transfer case to neutral, and engage the PTO, wouldn't go in without grinding (Disclaimer: I didn't allow it to grind; shut the engine down and engaged the PTO and restarted), and shifted to 1-5. In all honesty I'm not 100% familiar with the PTO sequence on these trucks; after further thought on it, it may should have went trans to N, transfer case to N, trans to 1-5, engage PTO."

With the front tranny mounted PTO the reason it would grind is because the tranny ring gear is turning. Shutting down the engine stops it, but putting it in gear (not neutral) and not moving also stops it.

I wan't clear about engaging the TC driven which Wes provided the video of. But I'm not sure the manual tranny is the same as the A2 Allison.

Tylerrayals again repeated about the grinding in his update. From what I can tell, the TM is for engaging the TC PTO, not the "front".

When you (1 Patriot) said: "I follow the TM directions and mine grinds as I pull back on the lever to engage."....It sounds like the same issue, so I thought you were referring to the tranny (front) PTO.
NP

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks