• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 Wrecker crane noise

Swope

IMG_6075.jpgIMG_6076.jpgIMG_6077.jpgIMG_6078.jpg
This is my new wrecker. I have used the crane before a couple of times with no problems. Today I was extending and retracting my boom and lowering and raising the hoist under no load when the crane started to make a louder winding/screeching noise. At that point if started to operate much faster and I thought, "Oh Good" until I saw hydraulic fluid pouring out of the reservoir cap. Any ideas what the problem is?

Swope

1600-1700
Today I put the boom and hoist through its paces doing exactly what I did yesterday and it did not repeat the problem. No noise and no fluid shooting out the cap. Do you think it was a stuck valve or possibly a seal going bad? Should I just ignore it for now or is it an indication of a serious problem and I should take something apart?

Swope

1600-1700
Today I put the boom and hoist through its paces doing exactly what I did yesterday and it did not repeat the problem. No noise and no fluid shooting out the cap. Do you think it was a stuck valve or possibly a seal going bad? Should I just ignore it for now or is it an indication of a serious problem and I should take something apart?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front hydraulics on one of my Unimogs does that every now and then.

Best I can tell, it's usually when it's been cold out (around zero or so) and when I'm a bit too quick with raising the loader and start driving.
And the fluid coming out is aerated big time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks