• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m936A2 wrecker truck ctis delete ?

sweetk30

looking to remove the ctis system on the m936A2 truck . for what we use the truck for and few times we use it we just want reg old tire fill system and check .

looking at the delete kit offered and had a few questions .

truck has 14.00x20 goodyear at-2A tires on it now .

whats a good psi to run in them for basic road use and some offroad .

and any tip's / pointers to the removal / install of the kit ?

thanks guys as always great site and help .

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would stick with 80psi on that heavy truck.

Never messed with the delete kits. Are you going to pull the goodies out of the cab? I'd be interested in them, mine has issue at the moment..

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the number on the CTIS control box, later models run 90 psi at highway (mine does). Full removal of the CTIS is pulling lines, wires, and capping the axles.

sweetk30

so what if for now we just put in valve cores on each tire were the ctis hose goes on . then fill them up to the 80-90 psi range and reinstall the hose to keep crap out of the system . then unplug the electrical connector on the control box at shifter tower .

will this be a o.k. delete or is there any thing else to do ?

thanks guys .

SLOrazorsedge

The A1's non-CTIS call for 90psi. I'm pretty sure the A2's CTIS upgrade also is set at 90psi. I'm scared to death every time I top off air on my M936A1 to 90psi, but she she sure looks pretty sitting high and mighty!

86m1028

looking to remove the ctis system on the m936A2 truck . for what we use the truck for and few times we use it we just want reg old tire fill system and check .
looking at the delete kit offered and had a few questions .
truck has 14.00x20 goodyear at-2A tires on it now .
whats a good psi to run in them for basic road use and some offroad .
and any tip's / pointers to the removal / install of the kit ?
thanks guys as always great site and help .

I removed the ctis from my m936A2 & run 90psi but it doesn't get driven a lot on road.

As for delete kits, I'll probably get bashed for saying this but
the kit from those military guys is junk.
The 6 axle plugs they send are stamped aluminum, about the thickness of a beer can, useless.
There is a kit on that auction site that has real nice axle plugs in their kit.
I ended up buying both & using parts from both kits.

Csm Davis

You can run whatever pressure you might like but I wouldn't run over 85 psi as that is what every stock combat wheel I have seen is stamped for max pressure, now if you have hemmet or MRAP rims you can generally run more. Also you might as well run hwy pressure because airing down the Goodyear's does no good off road, the sidewalls are to stiff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... are different wheels part of the 80 to 90PSI MWO, or did Uncle Engineer call the 85PSI wheels close enough?

grendel

I removed the ctis from my m936A2 & run 90psi but it doesn't get driven a lot on road.

As for delete kits, I'll probably get bashed for saying this but
the kit from those military guys is junk.
The 6 axle plugs they send are stamped aluminum, about the thickness of a beer can, useless.
There is a kit on that auction site that has real nice axle plugs in their kit.
I ended up buying both & using parts from both kits.
Yep, that is what I did too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks